About John W. Justice
Johnny was born November 6, 1923 in Walterboro, South Carolina.
He graduated from Cheraw High School and attended UCLA until he served in the United States Air Force stationed in Panama.
He married Anne Farish Watlington Justice in December 1951 and they had two children.
Johnny moved to Siler City, North Carolina in 1976 where he ran Southern Stone. In 1984 he and his son purchased the company and renamed it Southern Aggregates.
He was active in the Episcopal Church when he lived in South Carolina, prior to moving to Siler City. He was a member of First United Methodist Church in Siler City and served on the building committee and as a lay reader.
He was active in his industry and was a founding member of the American Precast Association. He was also very involved in the National Terrazzo and Mosaic Association.
He served as a director of Chatham Hospital.
He joined the Rotary Club of Siler City in 1979 and served as president in 1982-83. He served as district governor in 1990-91.
His hobbies included his love of the outdoors, with time spent hunting, fishing, and enjoying water related activities at Pawley’s Island, South Carolina.
He moved from Siler City to the Penick Village Retirement Home in Southern Pines for the last six years of his life.
Johnny died on May 14, 2009 at FirstHealth Moore Regional Hospital in Pinehurst. He is buried at Old St. David’s Episcopal Church in Cheraw, South Carolina.
-PRID Ken Morgan (2017)